- The applicant must be a principal or an acting principal
- The principal/ acting principal must have at least 3 years of experience in a school administration(s)
- The principal/ acting principal must be in a valid position in a governmental school run by the Ministry of Education in Jordan
Note: Distinguished principals who won the Queen Rania Award for Distinguished Principals Award in any year from 2009 untill 2011, are eligible to apply this year as long as they comply with the standards and prove that they continued to hold their title as principals after winning.
The following applicants are exempted from applying:
- Winners of the award in the past 3 years (2013-2015)
- Those who currently work as teachers in a pioneer/entrepreneurship center
- Those who fail to be present at the personal interviews or the field assessment phase regardless of the reason (travel, retirement, job title change, absence, etc.)
- Those who fail to comply with the rules and regulations of the application.
***Note: according to article (153) of the Civil Service System No. 82 for the year 2013 and the adjusting of 16/10/2014, anyone subject to the disciplinary sanctions stated in items “2-5” and set forth in clause “A’ of the said system, shall not be nominated.